Jasper’s Richardson to Host a Wine Tasting
Featuring California’s Long Meadow Ranch
WHAT: Jasper’s Richardson will be hosting a wine tasting featuring Long Meadow Ranch, from the heart of California’s wine country.
WHEN: Nov. 9, 2019, 6:00 – 7:30
WHERE: Jasper’s Richardson
1251 State Street
Richardson, TX 75082
PRICE: $30 per person plus tax and gratuity
RESERVE: Reservations are required:
Please contact Ivyh@abacus-jaspers.com or Call– 214-716-2610
WE WILL BE POURING THE FOLLOWING WINES ACCOMPANIED BY PAIRED HORS D’OEUVRES.
- LMR 2018 Sauvignon Blanc Napa Valley
- FOOD AFFINITIES: Oysters, Fresh Crab, Basil Pesto Pasta, Goat Cheese with Honey.
- WINEMAKER TASTING NOTES: “Aromas of lemon zest, and apricot, along with kiwi, citrus blossom and a hint of fresh-cut green grass on the palate, combine with a mouthwatering acidity that results in a crisp, elegant wine. The long growing season, along with careful, slow and cold fermentations preserve natural varietal aromas.”
- LMR 2018 Rose of Pinot Noir Anderson Valley
- FOOD AFFINITIES: Brick-cooked chicken, garden vegetables
- WINEMAKER’S COMMENTS: “The color is bright, light pink. The perfumes are intense and complex; the foreground is floral, with stone fruit, and fresh (forest) strawberry notes followed by gentle spice. The palate is fresh and broad at the same time. It is mixing the energy of this floral vintage with the gentle power of the spice. Notes of peach and strawberry combine to develop energy and length to this striking Rosé. It will be a perfect match for Spring and Summer – all the time”
- LMR 2016 Chardonnay of Anderson Valley
- FOOD AFFINITIES: Roast chicken, grilled salmon, risotto with wild mushrooms.
- WINEMAKER’S COMMENTS: “The aromatics are exotic and the palate possesses minerality with a burgeoning richness. Youthful and pale green in color, the flavors are complex, revealing floral, pear, and lemon notes. A lovely mineral core and crystallized fruit, with a long, energetic finish. Very enjoyable now but will age gracefully for at least a decade.”
- LMR 2015 Pinot Noir Anderson Valley
- FOOD AFFINITIES: Duck Breast and cherry mostarda, Squab and spiced plums, Grilled Quail and chanterelle mushrooms.
- WINEMAKER’S COMMENTS: “The wine shows a deep and resonating ruby red hue. The nose is full of earth tones, cherry and scent of violet. It is framed with an iron-like, mineral firmness. The palate is racy and upright, the profile is expressive and complex with a classic and elegant tannic grip that goes beyond a long-lasting finish.”
- LMR 2014 Cabernet SauvignonNapa Valley
- FOOD AFFINITIES: LMR grass-fed beef, braised lamb shanks, or with roasted game.
- WINEMAKER’S COMMENTS: “The nose has deep cherry and blackberry enhanced by cocoa powder and hints of vanilla and toast. The youthful fruit and welcomed acidity are apparent from the first sip. The wine unfolds and offers a rich, mouth-filling texture that persists. The layering and integration of flavors is simultaneously enticing and intriguing. This wine has aged beautifully and is ready for your table.”
WHO: Long Meadow Ranch & Winery farms over 2,000 acres in 3 counties using organic and sustainable practices to grow and produce award-winning wines, extra virgin olive oils, grass-fed beef, eggs, and heirloom fruits and vegetables. At the heart of Long Meadow Ranch, you will find a family with a passion for and connection to tradition, a sense of place, and the people that surround them. The Hall family has dedicated themselves to Long Meadow Ranch for almost three decades.
Read more here: https://www.longmeadowranch.com/the-ranch/what-we-do