Join us in the Lounge at Abacus on May 2nd as we welcome our Dallas neighbors, Community Beer Company!
We will be sampling a selection of beers accompanied by a special Abacus Bar Bites menu!
Time: 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Price: $30 per person, does not include sales tax or gratuity
Reservations: Purchase tickets below.
Beer offerings – from Community Beer Company!
- Community Silly Goose -It’s a 1,000-year-old German-style sour wheat ale brewed with sea salt and coriander. Silly Gose is our take on the traditional. With additions of tangerine peel and apricot puree, the resulting brew is slightly tart and bursting with tropical citrus flavor.
- Community Mosaic IPA – We’re full on board the hop wagon with this big American-style IPA. However, it is not designed to blow your head off with overpowering hop bitterness. Instead, Mosaic IPA is an extremely well-balanced brew that showcases its unique hop aroma and flavor. This beer gets its name from a new hop variety named “Mosaic,” which is predominantly where the immense, raw hop aroma and flavor is derived. Mosaic IPA has a noticeable malt backbone to help soften the high level of hop bitterness and flavor while keeping the body fairly light. The word “Mosaic” is also representative of the diverse range of individuals that make up our community.
- Community Citra Slice IPA – This beer is a result of our trips to the Yakima Valley in the Pacific Northwest. This is the most prominent hop-growing region of the U.S., and we are fortunate to work with experienced hop growers to hand-select the most flavorful, aromatic hops around! We’ve taken premium Citra hops and expertly blended them with fresh lemon & orange peel. This results in an explosively delicious citrus-forward India Pale Ale bursting with tropical flavors & aromas.
- Community Witbier – In honor of the late and great Pierre Celis, we are proud to offer Community Witbier as a warm weather libation, produced locally for our fellow Texans once again. We brew it traditionally using unmalted wheat as our base and lightly spice the kettle with freshly ground sweet and bitter orange peel and coriander seed. The hops are minimal, keeping the focus on the wheat, spices and the unique character contributed by authentic Belgian yeast strains, one of which originated from the same strain that Pierre brought across the Atlantic to America.
- Community Public Ale – The subtle complexities of this beer begin with a base of 100% Maris Otter English pale malt – prized for its superior, rich, bready taste – which adds a malt complexity that is difficult to achieve with modern, higher yielding malt varieties. English crystal malt increases the malt complexity, brings amber color and some residual sweetness, all of which mingles well with the fully expressed fruity esters developed by our house ale yeast during fermentation. While the hops are noticeable, they are part of an integrated whole, leaving the beer well balanced and drinkable.
- Community Texas Lager – This crisp, light-bodied lager was specially brewed for all Texans to enjoy. It’s easy drinkin’ with a bright & refreshing flavor, making it a perfect fit for enjoying the beautiful Texas outdoors, celebrating with friends & family, or relaxing after a long day’s work
Abacus Bar Bites
- Community Beer Co. Witbier P.E.I. Mussels, Smoked Bacon Lardons, Venison Sausage, Mustard Seeds, Grilled Baguette
- Habanero Bacon
- Fried Green Tomato, Spicy Aioli
- Pork Slider, Community Beer Co. BBQ
Who: Located on the edge of the Design District, Community Beer Company has become a strong part of the North Texas community and a hub for a diverse lineup of events … all while supporting local artists, musicians, and charities whenever they can. They call this “Beer For The Greater Good.”